Engaged couples wishing to be married in the Catholic Church must contact their parish priest or deacon at least six months prior to the anticipated wedding date. It is recommended that you make contact at the very beginning of your engagement.
The priest/deacon who is preparing you for marriage will assist you in obtaining these documents. The documents are as follows:
1. Baptismal Certificate(s). (The Catholic Certificate is to be a acquired within the last six month)
2. Two letters of Freedom for each of you (Forms are available at the parish)
3. The Pre-Nuptial Inquiry questions regarding your freedom to marry and your views on Christian marriage.
4. State of California Marriage License (Unless this license is present, no wedding can occur),
5. Confirmation Certificate(s) Catholics who have not yet received the sacrament of Confirmation are to receive it before being married, if this does not cause serious inconvenience.
REQUIRED MARRIAGE PREPARATION PROGRAMS
You will be required to attend at the Archdiocesan approved marriage preparation programs. Participation is to be completed no later than three months before the wedding date. The priest/deacon who is preparing you for marriage will provide you with information regarding the program he wishes you to attend.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS OF ST. ANTHONY CHURCH
Meeting with Wedding Coordinator. Every couple must attend one meeting with the Wedding Coordinator to explain our procedures regarding the wedding ceremony, music, photography, flowers, fees, parking, and rehearsal. Couples will be given all guidelines with regard to each of these and a chance to ask questions.
Meeting with Liturgy Director. Every couple must meet with the Liturgy Director to receive the wedding ceremony planning book and to discuss the ceremony. Questions with regard to appropriate music and ceremony will be discussed at this time.
Decorum in the House of God
Because we revere the place in which the community of the Church gathers for worship, we ask that all your friends and relatives, particularly the wedding party, be aware of the sacredness of the Church building. In each Catholic Church there is reserved the Sacrament of the Lord in the Tabernacle so that the Eucharist can be taken to the sick and worshipped in prayer. For theses reasons, we ask that all who enter the Church at any time, whether before, during, or after the rehearsal or during the wedding celebration itself, observe these basic principals:
– Show respect and reverence at all times while in the Church.
– No food, drink, or chewing gum allowed in the Church.
Information regarding: Wedding Packages and phone numbers
The following fees are included in your package:
– Wedding Coordinator Fee
– Church Fee
A deposit of $100.00 is required to separate the church date. Please make your checks payable only to St. Anthony Church. Anyone for whom the Wedding Package would present a difficulty is asked to speak directly with the priest.
THE THROWING OF RICE, CONFETTI, BIRDSEED OR ANY OTHER SUCH ITEMS AND ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THE PREMISES.
Pastor: Fr. Robert Victoria: (310) 322-4392
Wedding coordinator: Chiqui Diy (310) 367-2028
Musician: Tim Rodrick (310) 322-4392 Ext. 444